Delta Dental of Colorado Foundation is dedicated to working alongside community partners so that every person can have a healthy mouth regardless of life circumstances. Our commitment is clear in our mission: to elevate the well-being of all Coloradans by advancing oral health equity.
We believe that a healthy mouth leads to a healthy life. Every day we partner with communities to re-imagine how all of our neighbors access, benefit from, and value the importance of oral health care. Because when we go the extra mile for every smile, we elevate the well-being of all Coloradans.
What we do
Delta Dental of Colorado Foundation is the philanthropic arm of Delta Dental of Colorado, a nonprofit that for over 60 years has worked to to improve the oral health of the communities we serve. Oral health impacts Coloradans of all ages and, at a broader level, the well-being of our communities.
For more than 20 years, the foundation has partnered with community-based organizations to provide innovative and equitable oral health care by providing grants, engaging with groups across the state, and supporting policy and systems change. This includes:
- Supporting affordable, accessible, and comprehensive oral health care for all individuals through comprehensive community engagement.
- Preventing tooth decay by increasing preventive care utilization, improve oral health, and tangibly integrate oral health into health care settings.
- Increasing access to care for people of color by increasing workforce diversity and cultural representation of patients.
- Investing to help fund oral health related capital needs to community-based dental providers, services, and clinics.
- Supporting public policies that advance oral health equity. Public policy should advance access to care, prevention, and the connection of oral health to overall health for all ages. Policies must promote equity and reduce disparities, particularly for historically overlooked populations.
- Measuring the impact of our work and conduct research to inform grant-making and mission-related investments.