Coloradans are experiencing increased impacts on their lives and organizations are feeling the strain from COVID-19 coronavirus. Delta Dental of Colorado Foundation is committed to addressing the growing needs of our community and providing timely resources to address the changing dynamics throughout our state.
$7.5M Loan Program for Oral Health Provider Practices
The Delta Dental of Colorado Foundation is sponsoring a $7.5M loan program for oral health provider practices. Preference will be given to smaller independent practices, as well as those in or serving disadvantaged communities or communities with limited oral health access. These low-interest (3.5%) loans will range up to $50k, have three-year terms, and will be interest only payments for the first six months. These loans will be administered by Colorado Enterprise Fund, a Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI), nonprofit lender that manages program and provide full oversight with a quick turnaround time within two weeks of completed application process. Learn more.
Emergency Dental Care
During the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important we keep our hospital emergency rooms open for coronavirus patients. Delta Dental has created a guide to help you determine if you are experiencing a dental emergency and how to seek care.
If you are experiencing a dental emergency or an urgent dental problem, call your dentist immediately to determine the best course of action. If your dentist’s office is closed, or if you do not have a dentist, there are clinics who will serve you. The clinics listed here take Medicaid or have a sliding fee scale. Please note, this information is changing rapidly. We recommend calling the clinic prior to visiting to ensure it is still open and serving patients.
Colorado COVID Relief Fund
Delta Dental of Colorado Foundation donated $250,000 to the Colorado COVID Relief Fund, hosted by the state of Colorado and Mile High United Way. These pooled funds will provide flexible resources to organizations working with communities who are disproportionately impacted by this pandemic.
Through this Fund, eligible community-based organizations across Colorado may receive a general operating grant of up to $25,000. You can visit www.helpcoloradonow.org for more information and apply now.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) contains $376 billion in relief for American workers and small businesses, including nonprofits. To be eligible, organizations must have 500 or fewer employees and be in existence on March 1, 2020 or earlier.
In addition to traditional SBA funding programs, the CARES Act established several new temporary programs to address the COVID-19 outbreak:
- SBA Bridge Express Loans: Enables small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 quickly.
- SBA Debt Relief: Provides a financial reprieve to small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Paycheck Protection Program (PPP): The Small Business Administration resumed accepting nonprofit PPP loan applications on Monday, April 27. The Paycheck Protection Program is a loan designed to provide a direct incentive for small businesses to keep their workers on the payroll. SBA will forgive loans if all employees are kept on the payroll for eight weeks and the money is used for payroll, rent, mortgage interest, or utilities.
- PPP loan forgiveness application: The application requires that charities submit the forgiveness calculation form and an additional schedule. The process can be completed electronically. Charities will be able to count any payroll and eligible non-payroll expenses incurred — but not paid — during the covered period, as long as they are paid by the next regular payroll or billing date.
- SBA is no longer taking Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) applications as the funding has hit its cap. To learn about alternative funding sources, see a list from the Colorado Office of Economic Development & International Trade.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online. If you do not have access to a computer or smartphone, call 1‐800‐659‐2955 for assistance.
Grantee Support and Flexibility
COVID-19 is adding stressors to organizations in a many different ways and we recognize that most of our grant recipients may be reprioritizing their work for the near future. We are adjusting expectations for all active grant agreements in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Comprehensive modifications to all current grant agreements include:
- Grant extension: All current partners with grant agreements ending in 2020 have a three-month extension to the grant period.
- Deadline adjustments: All grant reports due in 2020 have a three-month deadline extension from the date in their contract agreement.
- General operating support: All current grants will be adjusted from project or program grants to general operating support.
- Reprioritizing deliverables: We will reengage a conversation with grantees in the Fall about each organizations ability to fulfill original deliverables.
Grantees are encouraged to contact their program officer directly or contact us at email@example.com if they have questions or want to discuss their current grant, where COVID-19 may be impacting grant deliverables, timelines or related efforts.
As of Monday, March 16, our team is practicing social distancing and working from home for the foreseeable future. All functions will continue to operate as usual, and we are available for any questions or conversations. While we may not be working in the office or directly in communities, we remain committed to working hard to advance oral health equity alongside our community partners. All meetings will be conducted virtually or via a phone call.
Stronger Together, Even when We’re Apart
More than ever, a strong community is a valuable asset. We thank the health care community for your selflessness, commitment and dedication in caring for our neighbors with the most to gain. As news continues to unfold and the full impact of COVID-19 is revealed, know that we are here to help however we can. For questions or feedback, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.